Good news – we’ve done our homework to unravel the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) requirements for pharmacy – and due to recent changes in UK legislation all pharmacists (locum or fully employed) require an Enhanced DBS check.
Below are the steps to getting your Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) with Team Locum 🙂
- First things first, we are able to help you complete this check if you wish to mark us as your ‘employer’. If you choose to do this, we will help make sure all the details on your check are correct!
- We use an umbrella company called ‘Disclosure Services’ which requires an online form to be filled out, as well as a declaration form signed and your documents to be verified.
- They can be found at disclosureservices.com. You will need to contact Team Locum for the user name and password; please ask for Charlotte Fellows-Campbell when you call in on 0121 451 2707 during office hours.
- Before you start the process online: Be sure to have the required documents to hand as there is no ‘save’ option and we are sure you don’t want to have to start over again!
- Your qualifying documents need to be verified in their original form- details of which can be found on the Disclosure Services website. This means that:
- Either Team Locum will need to see you personally during office hours (Mon-Fri 9-5) with your qualifying documents
- Or, because many of you live too far away to feasibly come in and see us, you can use the Veri-fy process. You simply download the Veri-Fy form at the end of the online form process and take your documents to a designated professional for verification (designated professionals include a pharmacist)
- They then verify that you are who you say you are electronically through Veri-fy. For this, there is an additional fee of £7.20 payable to Team Locum.
NB either way you must go yourself, you cannot send a representative on your behalf
The Team Locum Declaration and Consent Form will need to be signed and returned to us in its original form (electronic copies are not acceptable
So, in an envelope you will need to post to us, or hand-deliver:
- Signed Declaration form
- Copies of all verified documents
- Cheque payable for the full amount to Team Locum Ltd (we will pay the DBS items on your behalf, see details below)
- Alternatively, you can pay by BACS if you would prefer to (we would recommend this as it can speed things up for you!)
What happens next?!
- We cross check what you have put online with your documents. We are very thorough with this as any mistakes can be an expensive thing to resolve.
- Once all this is completed we will let you know that the check is in progress and provide a receipt for your payment. From any time after this, we can track the progress of your DBS application. Checks may take between 3 and 60 days, and the result is emailed to us usually within 3 days of certificate completion. You will then receive a paper copy to your home address a few days after this.
- Next – and very importantly – within 14 days of the date of the certificate you must register with the DBS Update Service.This will allow employers (with your permission) to check your DBS status online and will mean that your certificate is transferable across every employer. This costs £13 annually – good value to make sure you can secure locum work with a wide variety of clients.We’ll provide you with the details of how to do this when we send your certificate.
Finally, we come to how much it costs!
The breakdown is as follows:
- Enhanced Check – £44.00
- DBS Admin Fee – £6.60 inc VAT
- Team Locum Admin Fee – £30.00 inc VAT (or £43.20 inc VAT for package 3)
- Veri-Fy Fee £7.20
This means you can opt for one of the following packages
(The prices below do not include the online payment of £13 for the Update Service)
- Package one – £80.60
Complete your own form online; present your documents to Team Locum in person
- Package two – £87.80
Complete your own form online; present your documents to a professional for verification (they may charge a fee) and provide document copies to Team Locum
- Package three – £93.80 (Add £7.20 for electronic verification)
Team Locum completes your form online, you present your documents to Team Locum or a professional for verification (they may charge a fee) and provide document copies to Team Locum
This will be a one off cost if you make sure that you register with the DBS update service; but this will soon be mandatory for most of our clients anyway!
Please note that the Update Service fee will need to be paid online AFTER receipt of certificate, NOT to Team Locum Limited.
BACS TRANSFER– For faster processing of your DBS we would definitely recommend a BACS transfer. Provided we have all the other necessary documents, as soon as we have received payment we can get the check sent off immediately for you!If you choose this option, please site your name as the payment reference. Please call to inform us you wish to do this, and we can provide you with the account details
CHEQUE PAYMENT– Payment to Team Locum by cheque should be made payable to ‘Team Locum Limited’. We will only process your application once we have received your fee in full. Please send your cheque, the completed declaration form (see attached) and copies of your documents to:
Team Locum Limited, DBS Services, 1st Floor, 3 Regal Court, 8 Sovereign Road, Kings Norton Business Centre, Birmingham, B30 3FJ.
It may seem like a lot to take in, but we are here to help you through the process! Simply give us a call on 0121 451 2707 and we can assist with any questions you have 🙂